What to Do if You're Injured on the Job

Tell Your Employer Right Away about your Injury

The longer you wait the more you allow the company to claim the injury took place off the job and you could be denied workers’ compensation. Fill out a Form 801 and turn it in to your employer. You can print out a form here or ask for one from your employer.

Bring a Witness When You Are Reporting Your Injury

If management tries to discourage you in any way from reporting the injury, or retaliates against you for reporting an injury, contact Local 206 immediately.

Seek Medical Care Right Away

Call an ambulance if you need to. Do not hesitate to leave the job if necessary, but make sure you inform your supervisor. If you go to the doctor after your injury, let your doctor know it is a work-related injury. You and your doctor should complete Oregon Form 827.

Get a Workers’ Comp Attorney

The Workers’ Compensation system has become so complicated that it is nearly impossible to navigate without an attorney.

Get the representation you need to make sure your rights are respected.

Learn More

You can contact the State of Oregon Ombudsman at 503-378-3351 if you have additional questions about Workers Compensation or click here to go the Workers Compensation Department website for Oregon.